2017 Apr – May
I wanted to improve the musicality of the work, and tried to edit the work aiming to create a rhythm.
After studying works of Debussy, Pierre Henry and Pierre Schaeffer, I got a better sense of how to handle the rhythm, and began to experiment with juxtaposing sounds of different pitches, timbres and amplitudes.
Instead of editing sound into the visuals, I worked the other way round then rework and adjust, to strengthen the interaction between sound and visual. I tried to compose in various ways – sometimes the sound is stronger and visual is minimal (or non-exist), and sometimes sound and visual synchronize with one another, sometimes visual develops differently. And I played around with the way they transform (/transist) – sometimes sound changes and visual stays the same, sometimes they change at the same time.